Monday, October 3, 2011

14 months

My sweet baby is 14 months old. She is growing like a weed! It seems as if every time I blink, she has learned something new!



Sweet baby,


You are so funny! You love to laugh and giggle all the time! Last night your daddy and I took you to the park, and we pushed you on the swings. You LOVED it! You were laughing that deep laugh that you rarely do unless something is really really funny...and Mommy feels so lucky that you save those moments just for us!




You have experienced your first State Fair turkey leg, and you loved it! Other than that your favorite foods are: grapes, watermelon, cheese, bologna, cheese puffs, anything that Mommy and Daddy are eating, hot dogs and churros from Sam's Club, and all fruit jerky things that are kind of like licorice.



You are loving Elmo! Mommy found this adorable Elmo shirt for you, and you are such a doll! You are wearing 12-18 month clothes. You can still fit into 6-12 month shorts. You are also wearing size 4 shoes. (And I just bought you the cutest pair of Tiny Toms and I can't wait for you to wear them!) Now that it is getting closer to winter, I am trying to find you a winter hat. However, every hat that I put on your head, I squeal because you are so cute...you smile...and then proceed to rip it off your head! I am going to have to find a hat with velcro straps so you can't take it off!





You are walking anywhere and everywhere. You have even started "running" when you are trying to get away from me when I call your name. :) You are becoming less shy around other people, and your "performing" side is shinning through...YEAH!


You are adding more and more words to your vocabulary everyday.

Words you are saying now:




  • Momma (which turns into momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma) but I can never get enough of hearing you say it!


  • Bye


  • Hi


  • Elmo


  • Baby


  • Ra (the other day I was holding Hadley in the living room, Ross was in the bedroom, so I turned me head and said "ROSS"...Hadley then turned her head toward the bedroom and said "RA"...I thought it was cute :)


  • Mine



We are working on songs and body parts right now. You are very quick to learn and catch on. When asked, you can point to your nose and mine, your toes and mine, your bellybutton and daddy's bellybutton. The two songs we sing the most right now are the Itsy Bitsy Spider and If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands. You wiggle your fingers together for the spider, and you can clap your hands at the correct time during the song!



You have started putting your drink in the cup holders. I think you are starting to learn your shapes and how things fit together. You have so many toys to choose from, but your favorites right now are your baby doll, that goes everywhere with us! (Mommy should probably wash it soon), Elmo of course, and your green alien hat from Toy Story 3 On Ice.


One of your recent favorite past times, is putting a blanket over your head so you can't see anything, and then proceed to laugh and run into all the furniture in the living room. I don't know why, but you just think that is hilarious! Mommy and Daddy think you are too funny!


You love to play outside and you have no problem getting dirty!


Our Best Girl,

It brings me to tears when I think about you and how much I love you! You are so perfect for your daddy and me, and I think we make quite the trio! I love having you right by my side everyday, and I would not change it for the world! You are our best girl!

Love, Your Mommy and Daddy





No comments:

Post a Comment