Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hadley Joy: 2 1/2 years

My sweet baby, you are now 2 1/2 years old!  Your daddy and I look at you everyday, wondering when you became this energetic, full of life and personality, sweet, funny, lovable, beautiful little girl...with a little bit of sass mixed in!  :)  You are our big girl.  




You have an incredible vocabulary, and everywhere we go, people comment on how well you can speak.  You speak in full sentences, and you love to quote movies!  Your favorite movies right now are:

  • Toy Story 1 2 & 3
  • Shrek Forever After
  • BRAVE
  • The Lorax
  • Along with all the other Disney Movies!
Brave Quotes:
"One Dead Eye...Chomp!  Dad's leg was clean off!...Down the Monster's throat it went!"  You do this one really good!

The Lorax Quotes:
"Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Disco....dododo dodo dodo do do" 
"I'm Grammy Norma, I'm old and I've got grey hair, and I remember when trees where everywhere, and nobody had to pay for air, so I say, let it grow!"

Toy Story Quotes:
"I know Buzz's Spanish mode!" as you put your hand up to your mouth to tell a secret, just like Jesse
"There's a snake in my boot!"
"The secret ingredient...Jelly Beans!"

And so many more!!!



The picture above of me telling you a secret is my absolute favorite!  It's you and me kid, forever and for always! 




When I asked you what you wanted for Christmas, every time you would tell me, "jellybeans!"  You love having tea parties, and playing with your baby.  Daddy built a bench for the dining room table, and you love to sit on it while Mommy is in the kitchen.   






Your daddy likes to teach you special sayings, such as:

"Lets bounce homies!"  AND  "You better check yourself, before you wreck yourself!" which you say clear as day.  He is so proud :)





You are officially potty trained!  You were so ready to start, Mommy on the other hand was totally not ready!  I didn't even know where to start!  We went and picked out special Cinderella big girl panties and you were so proud of them!  It only took a couple of days and you were done!  Congratulations my big girl!

Your panties do tend to ride up sometimes, and when they do, you tell me you have an "idgy"...It makes me smile every time!  Little words like this are so cute, I really don't want to correct you, so now Mommy and Daddy call "wedgies" "idy's" as well! 





I got you a mini Nativity Set, and you love it!  You know Baby Jesus, Joseph, and Mary.  You put a blanket on your head the other day, and said, "Mommy, I'm Mary!"  I loved it!!




We are working on obeying Right Away when Mommy and Daddy tell you what to do.  Sometimes you have a hard time listening, and Mommy gets a little frustrated.  When it gets to that point, you have started wrapping your arms around my neck, looking me in the eye and saying, "I make you so happy!!"  You can always make Mommy smile.  It may get you out of a little trouble now and then, but don't think it will work for everything! 





You do make Mommy and Daddy very happy!  We love you so much!  I am so thankful that I get to be with you everyday....teach you...and watch you learn and grow.  It is amazing and I wouldn't trade my time with you for anything in the world! 





You can be very theatrical at times.  (I think you get that from your daddy....wink wink!)  You love to talk with your hands. 



 
 
 
You are doing awesome in gymnastics!  Miss Tammy says you have natural talent and ability!  I love that we get to go to class together...Mommy thinks it's very special!  
 


 


Hadley Joy, Mommy and Daddy love you very much.  You are the best thing we have ever done! 

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay, I've been waiting for a new post! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete