Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The little things...

I'm afraid to say, the day's of scrapbooking are over for me.  The unfortunate part is the fact that I have over 1000 pieces of 12x12 paper, and I still continue to buy more!  (I do love paper/office supplies/ribbon though, so I can never have enough!)  
 
Everything is so digital these days, and I have started making photo books for Hadley of every year of her life.  I started collecting images for her "Year 2" book, and I am pretty proud of myself for capturing so many photos of her!  Granted, not all of them are perfectly posed or great lighting, but they are all of my precious baby.  Details about her that I never want to forget! 
 
There are times when I take hundreds of pictures trying to get "The Shot!" and I find myself overwhelmed.  As I go through the pictures, I'm setting goals for myself on what I want to accomplish through my photography.  What I want to capture most.  Right now, it's the little things. 
 
 I want to remember the tea cup she loves to play with everyday...     
 
 




 
I want to remember the 7 foot long blue ribbon she drags around the house, one day pretending there is a dog on the end, and other days pretending she is doing the ribbon dance just like Dora! 
 
I also want to remember how she yells, yes YELLS, "Fantastic Gymnastics!....Everyone clap for Hadley Joy Owens!"




 
I want to remember how her favorite place to sit and watch her shows is on the coffee table...






I want to remember how much she loves the leotard Nana sent her in the mail and how she asks to put it on Every Single Day!




I want to remember how much she loves her daddy.  How she found one of his badges, carried it around with her everywhere, telling him how excited she was and couldn't wait for him to come home.  




I want to capture and remember the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment