Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hadley Joy: 3 Years!

My beautiful girl.  You are 3!  You are bright, and bold, funny, and so loving, courageous and strong, joyful, and a wild and crazy spirit that shows through your beautiful countenance.  
 
You are celebrated, Hadley Joy! 
 
 
 
 
 
You are too "grown up" for your own good.  You have asked Mommy and Daddy if you can have an iPad, or iPhone 5....which the answer is absolutely not...not until you are driving, and who know what type of technology will be around then!.  Scary. 
 
 


 
You love to play dress up and you are always walking around in my high heels!  It's precious!  I love to see that you can be so "girly" and yet love to get dirty and play outside too!
 
 

 
Speaking of technology, You LOVE to face time.  No matter who we are talking to, you ask
"do you want to face time?"
Followed by...."it's connecting!"
 
 


This summer you have definitely conquered going under water!  You are such a pro at it!  You jump in with no fear and you have even started swimming under water without your floaties!  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!!




You have impeccable hearing.  Anytime, from anywhere in the house, that I open a "crinkly" bag of something, I turn around and you are there asking, "what are you eating?"  Your radar is impressive. 




You are totally infatuated with weddings and getting married.  All your dolls, Daddy and I, You and I, You and Daddy, Your Doll and I, You and your Doll....Lots of weddings happening at our house.  




You are so so smart!  You can draw a really good "H" and we are working on the "a".  You can draw a great circle and recognize lots of shapes and numbers.  You are getting pretty good at counting actual items now too.  




I think it's important that you know mine and Daddy's name...real name, just in case anything happens.  It's a great idea, until you walk around the house calling me Jessica Marie.  Just yesterday, you called me "Jess" for the first time.  It would probably make me upset if it didn't first make me laugh...you are quite the charmer.  For the record though, you call me Mom or Mommy most of the time...unless I don't respond or am in trouble and that's when "Jessica Marie" comes out  :)  




 
Goodbyes make you sad.  Especially on months that Daddy has an away rotation.  It is devastating and breaks your Mommy's heart to see you so heartbroken.  





 
You are awesome at kicking a soccer ball.  You can kick the ball while running several times in a row!





I think advertisements really do reach out to children first and that is how they reach the parents.  You walk around singing "Nationwide is on your side" and now I feel I need to look into their insurance policies. 







 
We like to play hide and go seek around the house.  You count and I will hide behind the sofa with my pony tail sticking up and you always find me!!  You are really good at being the seeker!  When it's your turn to hide, you do a pretty good job, until you get a case of the giggles.  :)




 
I love this next picture of you.  It's even more special because you are holding Pop's first camera he owned.  I think that is so special!  Thanks Pop for this special memory and camera...I Love It!






You started Preschool this year and are loving it!  Your teachers are wonderful and I think they have become quite smitten with you too!





You have a way of drawing people to you.  Your energy is very inviting and contagious...AND it never seems to run out...






You make some pretty funny faces.  You do this thing with your eyes and Mommy and Daddy get a pretty big laugh out of it.    






Hadley, Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon and back.  But more than that, we genuinely like you!  We love to be around you and we love the person that Jesus made in his image.  You are special and unique!   




 
You are eager to pray before meals.  And you love when Mommy and Daddy pray for you before preschool and every night before bed.  As much as we love you, Jesus loves you more, and I pray He draws you near to Him.  




 
 
Mommy and Daddy literally fight over you.  When Daddy has a day off, we both like to drop you off and pick you up from preschool.  We probably look weird, but Mommy and Daddy are literally running through the parking lot to try and get to you first...we miss you when you are gone!  It's hard to hide my excitement when I see you!  




You love life and all it has to offer.  You get excited about the little things!  




You are an encourager!  You tell Mommy things like:
 
"you totally rock, mom"
"i'm so proud of you"
"goooood job!"
"Daddy you're so Handsive (handsome)"
"you can do it"
 



Daddy and Hadley.



Mommy and Hadley.  




Hadley, you are a gift.  It is a privilege to be your Mommy and Daddy.  It is an even bigger blessing that I get to stay home and spend everyday with you!  We teach each other things on a daily basis.  Just know, you are celebrated!  Love you!    

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet account of your girl. Happy Birthday to Miss Hadley!

    ReplyDelete