Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little Brother

And baby makes four! 



Trying for Baby #2 took a little longer than we had planned.  It took us about a year to conceive, and that was pretty tough.  Looking back though, I am so so Thankful for the time we have had being a family of 3!  In the last year, we have been able to take several vacations and make wonderful memories that Hadley talks about all the time.  We have done things that we just couldn't have experienced if we would have had a new baby in "our" timing.  The Lord knew exactly what He was doing, and we are so grateful to Him for going before us.
 
When we told people four years ago, that we were moving to Tulsa, Ross was starting Medical School, and we are having a baby girl, ALL within two weeks time...people looked at us like we were attempting the impossible!  Once again, the Lord knew best.  It was tough and it was an adjustment, but His timing and plan for us was perfect!  
 
I guess you can say we are doing it again!  We just moved back to OKC from Tulsa, Ross starts Residency in July, and we are having a baby boy in August.  (not to mention that I am due August 30th and Ross is scheduled to work 26 out of 30 nights in the month of September)  No doubt our life has been flipped upside down for the second time in four years, but we are thankful for the experiences and friendships made along the way, and His perfect timing in becoming a family of four!   

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."  Psalm 126:3   





I guess there are so many "rules" as to how far apart you should have your children and how many children is appropriate to have in this day and age.  When people see Hadley and I out and ask "what I'm having"...when they find out it's a boy, 9 out of 10 times, they tell me I can be done having children because I have one boy and one girl now.  Crazy!  In all reality, while we think we have control and can "plan" things out, it just doesn't work that way. 
 
Hadley will turn 4 in July and Baby Brother will be born in August.  I am really loving this age gap between them so far.  When I was sick...so so sick in the beginning, she was my biggest helper.  And she still is.  We took naps together, she tried to comfort me when I was throwing up, and she never ceases to give brother kisses.  She is going to be the best big sister.  She already has big plans for the both of them when he gets out. 




Baby Brother does not have a name yet.  When asked, Hadley is convinced his name is going to be "Chip"...I keep reassuring her that that will N O T be his name, but she stands firm.  And if he is "Chip" by default that makes me "Mrs. Potts".  She has also mentioned Bruce Willis and Humpty Dumpty....I told her I would think about it.   




This boy loves Meat and Milk.  I have never been a "pour myself a big glass of milk" type but wow does it taste good right now!  We go through a gallon of milk in about two days...three tops.  Its getting kind of expensive!  With Hadley I craved mostly sweets, and I still enjoy my sweets with this one, but chocolate tends to give me Heartburn....but if I have heartburn I have an excuse to drink even more milk!  





Ross and I are blessed by Hadley every day.  We are so thankful the Lord has entrusted her to us.  We are so excited to meet Baby Brother and start on our new journey as a Family of Four!

1 comment: