Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Kicking Begins!



I am 24 weeks along now. It's weird because I feel like just in the past two weeks, that my stomach is all of a sudden so much larger! I'm a little worried as to how much bigger I am truly going to get! I see pictures of these girls who are 20 weeks and 28 weeks, and you can see a slight bump. And here I am already knocking people over!


I have been enjoying the "eating anything you want, whenever you want" aspect of pregnancy. However, I think I have been enjoying the sweets a little too much. Or at least that is what my doctor said, after I had gained 13 pounds in 4 weeks. :)


I have been a little discouraged lately, because I haven't felt like I have been "feeling" my baby move. Then I started to feel her lean against one side of my stomach and kind of push, but still no definite kicking. It is just so hard to tell if it's REALLY her i'm feeling...but I have learned the difference between a general sloshing around that she is doing and stabbing gas pains :)


THEN...last night, April 13, around midnight, IT HAPPENED! Ross and I were just getting in bed after spending the night with my family at Laura and John's house. I was laying on my side and I felt it...it was a definite kick! I had Ross put his hand on my tummy hoping she would do it again. After about two minutes, she did it! And it was a big one! Ross and I both just started laughing! It was such an amazing moment!

Thank you baby for letting mommy and daddy share in the joy of you growing! We love you!

9 comments:

  1. Reading you call yourself a mommy and daddy it seemingly hit me that "wow" you are going to be a mommy and daddy. I am so excited you felt her kick. I can't believe you are going to be a mommy. My Jessi is all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so she kicks on my birthday and you don't even call me?? that hurts

    btw I would like a name for "her" soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, how come ross doesn't get to be in any of the pictures at the start of a post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you said your blog would be really good tonight, but this is monumental. Yeah, I am so happy you felt her kick. I can't wait until she recognizes Nana's hand and voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i mean i think i gained 12 lbs one time in a 4 week time frame with gabe...my doctor told me to go see a nutritionist and i cried and never went back to her :)

    you look great and you will start feeling her move more and more...i started REALLY feeling this second baby around 24 weeks, so give it a few more days!

    SO happy for you, cant wait for a shower invite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jessica! Just dropping by to say congrats again from the Greggs! We're very excited for you and Ross :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, I did the same thing with EK's pregnancy. Gained like one million pounds - give or take a few. But I am STILL trying to get that stinkin baby weight off. IT.IS.STUBBORN. So with every jelly belly, nacho cheese, and twinkie you put in your mouth (my personal cravings), it takes some serious treadmill time. It made me think differently when eating with the other two. Of course, you probably crave corn dogs :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness broder, you are rockin' that bump. Just remember that baby will weigh less than 10 lbs and the rest you have to work off, yay! Something to look forward to!

    Don't fret too much and enjoy your pregnancy. It must feel so weird to feel her move inside you, but also so exciting.

    And I agree with Tina, give us a name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, just make me cry why don't you. I love that you & Ross are going to be parents & I think that you will be great. Love the pictures & wish I could be present & accounted for in person rather than so far away. I love you Jess...hugs to all 3 of you & give her a pat for me...Aunt Carolyn Sue

    ReplyDelete