Monday, January 26, 2015

Hadley Joy: 4 1/2 Years

My Hadley Joy, you are 4 1/2!  When I say 4 1/2, it sounds so young...but when I think about YOU, I think what a big girl you have become.  Our house is full of joy and laughter because of you.  You exude love through your smile and your actions.  Your were so meant to be a big sister! 
 
 

 
You love having a brother.  You love to be near him, and by near him I mean laying on top of him.  You get him to smile like nobody else can.  Mommy was talking about selling some boots and you looked at me and said, "I need a mommy, and a daddy, and me.  So we can we sell Bubba?"  But we both know you would not last one day without your sweet brother.  You can't wait to wake him up every morning, and kiss all over his face.  He is very fortunate to have you for his Big Sissy.   
 
 



I saw you under the Christmas tree one day, and I said, "Hadley, what are you doing?"  and you simply replied, "I am writing my name on all the presents so we know they are mine."  You are a funny girl.   
 
 


 
You are doing amazing in gymnastics!  You worked so hard and got your cartwheel.  You have now moved out of the tumble tots class into the big girl beginner class.  Daddy thinks you look like a baby out there compared to the 6 and 7 year olds, but I know you can hold your own.  We are so proud of how hard you work.  You spend more time upside down than you do right side up!  




You love to sing.  You are always making up your own songs, and use anything you can get your hands on as a microphone.  When you want my attention, you say "Mom, eyes on me."  It makes me smile every time.  




You and I are attached at the hip.  Wherever I am, there you are too.  We don't have to be doing the same thing, but you like to be in the same room as me.  You even told me once, "I don't think we spend enough time together."  Which surprised me, because we have spent everyday for the last 4 1/2 years together...but it blesses my heart to know you like me  :)  I hope it stays that way through the teenage years.  





Your favorite show these days is Chopped.  You love getting all your kitchen food/cooking toys out all over the coffee table and living room and play "chopped".  It is so fun as your mommy, to get to watch you become interested in different things.  I want to encourage you to dream and play and work hard at whatever you choose to be interested in that day.  You love helping me in the kitchen as well.  I love getting to cook with you and teach you things that Nana taught me.    






I still think your love language is gifts...but I think another one is quality time.  




We have a secret handshake and I LOVE it!  All I can say about that is
 "ba la la la!" 






The back of my couch is now a "bar" where you jump up with strong arms and practice your casts.  And the arm of my leather chair is where you do backbend kick-overs.  This may not seem normal to some people (like your daddy), but when I see you do it, I see me!  I can't tell you how many times I did handstands into Nana and Papa's recliner, or running headstands on their couch, or seat drops on their bed...it's just what little gymnasts do.  Everything is an opportunity!   
 




You are loved little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment