Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sewing Project #1

I'm branching out people!  I do not own a sewing machine, but I have always wanted to be crafty enough to sew pillows and blankets/quilts and one day a dress for Hadley!  Lucky for me, I have a wonderful friend who was not using her sewing machine at the moment ; ) and let me borrow it!  Thanks Airika! 
 
Here are my supplies:  A sewing machine, pillow insert, scissors, measuring tape, fall fabric, and a lady on YouTube.com telling me how to thread my machine!      

 
 


Here is the final product...my pillow!  I don't think I am a very patient person when it comes to taking the time to "learn" new things...I think I am more of a "Do it!" and we'll see how it turns out in the end.  With that said, I think my pillow turned out great!  (Just don't look at the bottom :)   That leads me to my next question...does anyone have any advice on sewing up the bottom of the pillow cover once the insert is inside?!? 


 
 


Hadley helped me paint a chair in the garage all morning.  Ok, not so much paint, as she rode her 4 wheeler, and transferred scrap pieces of wood from one bucket to the next, but a big helper she was!  I think all that playing wore her out, so we just cuddled in our blanket, ate popcorn, and watched movies all afternoon...have I mentioned, how much I love this girl?!?  






One pillow down...4 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment