Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hadley: Two and Three Quarters

Hadley Joy, you are two and three quarters!  I can't believe you are almost three!!  You are a funny, daring, not really afraid of anything, girly girl who plays in the dirt and your daddy and I just adore you!     
 
 
 
You have started going into your gymnastics class all by yourself.  It is no longer a Mommy&Me class...which makes Mommy a lot more sad than it does you.  You like doing things on your own, with the occasional help from Mom and Dad.  You also turn everything you can into a balance beam...the broom handle, the side of your crib or chancing table, and even a piece of ribbon.   



You like to talk.  Most of the time you are talking to me, but it is especially fun to sit and listen to you speak when you are in your own little world! 
 
You like to orchestrate scenes as well.  "I say 'boo', you say 'ahhh!'"
 
Hadley:  "Now, you say, 'what the crap' and I say 'we don't say that'"  (Our conversations have gotten crazier ever since you started repeating everything you hear!)


You like to give me the "thumbs up".  We do it to each other quite often, but you have even started doing it as a "I don't know if I'm suppose to be doing this, so I will give Mom the thumbs up, and then I wont get in trouble."  I love the way your mind works! 



You love playing or "working" in the garage with Daddy.  You love getting dirty, and going to get snow cones with Mommy and Daddy after a long day.   




You love to play dress up.  You love carrying purses everywhere we go, and if available, you like to put every type of hat on your head. 

You give the very best hugs!!!
 



During the winter, we talked about how God made each snow flake special and unique.  Just the same, He made you special and unique.  I guess that stuck because you repeat it often, and it warms my heart! 

We pray together before meals and before bedtime....(sometimes Mommy has to stop what we are doing during the day and pray right there, otherwise we both might not make it to tomorrow, but that would fall under a different post : )  Anyways, I love listening to you pray.  As we continue to pray everyday, your prayers evolve....

"Jesus loves me this I know.  Amen."

"Jesus loves me this I know, and thank you for our food.  Amen"

"Thank you for our food, and help Daddy obey me.  Amen."



You are very fickle when it comes to baths.  You will be totally fine one day, dumping a bucket of water on your own head, and the next day scream and cry through your ENTIRE bath!  One night when Daddy was gone, I was giving you your bath.  You were crying uncontrollably, of course, so I stopped and calmly (I've been working on my calm voice) said, "Hadley, I can't understand you when you are screaming.  I need you to use your big girl voice and tell Mommy what is wrong so I can help you....Now, what is bothering you?"  Hadley looked up at me with big crocodile tears and said, "YOU...You are bothering me."  Fair enough....but we are still going to wash your hair. 




We sing old hymns at night when we are rocking before bed.  It is such a sweet sound to my ears when I hear you sing the words to those songs.  I pray for your heart everyday, that one day you will love Jesus and let him come into your heart and be your Lord and Savior.   




You can be a little mischievous from time to time.  When I catch you in the act, you say, "I was not doing something." 


You are super friendly!  You aren't really shy at all.  While walking through Target, or eating at a restaurant you proudly announce, "I'm Hadley, I'm 2 1/2...this is my Momma.  What is your name?"  You are a little hurt when people don't respond, but you are so cute that that rarely happens. 
 
Your daddy and I have been working on Stranger Danger with you.  We practice by asking you what do you do if someone says, (insert creepy voice)  "come with me little girl..."  You now respond by sticking your hand out and yelling, "NO!  I don't know you!!"  It's pretty cute!  But you have yet to do it to someone in public.   



You have never had a haircut.  Mommy very rarely brushes it either :)  It usually only gets brushed after bath time at night when it's wet.  You have crazy curly hair and you love to wear it down, in pigtails, pony tails, and braids.  You love headbands, and you usually always have a bow in your hair to keep your bangs out of your face.  (and because bows are cute on you:) 




You pass gas, and then proceed to tell me, "I tooted in your car" or "I tooted on your leg."  One time, when you were with Krystina, you tooted and then told her about it.  When Beezer asked, what do you say, you said, "You say Tootarotus! and I say 'excuse me'" 

Along those lines, your daddy has taught you to come and tell me, "I had a clean drop!" after using the restroom. 

 
 


You like when I knock on your door in the mornings.  You respond by saying "Come on in!"



While driving we work on the colors of the stoplight and what they all mean:

Us: What does Red mean?
Hadley: Stop.

Us:  What does Green mean?
Hadley: Go!

Us:  What does Yellow mean?
Hadley: Punch it Margaret!



I absolutely LOVE the way you make up your own words to songs!!!  For example:

Hi Ho from Snow White -  "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, hot to the witch he ho."

We love listening to you sing! 




You can quote movie lines like crazy!  A few of my favorite right now:

The Lorax - "Who do you think you are, You crazy baby man!  Get out of my house!"

Monsters Inc - "Mike Wasowski!"

Sophia the 1st - "We could have been true sisters" (song)

Dora - "Back Pack Back Pack, come on vamanos, everybody lets go!"

Aladdin - "Do you trust me?"  (while reaching your hand out for me to take)

 


You love to read books.  You did not get that from your mommy.  But you and Daddy read them together every night before bed.  I think that is a routine both of you enjoy very much! 




You like to make up words.  You combine money and numbers together all the time.  You get on the scale and say, "WOW, It says twelvenly dollars."  And you say it so matter of fact too!   
 
Other words in your vocabulary right now are:
 
Geez a lou
Good night a livin'
I'm so excited!
That's so cool!
 
And my all time favorite is...."You totally rock mom!"  It also makes me feel equally good when you say, "I'm proud of you mom!" 
 
Things you say to me, while I am wiping you after going to the bathroom:
 
I don't have time for this.
You make me nervous.
I'm not sure about this.
For goodness sakes.




We turned the front room into an office/playroom for you and we both love it!  I can work on pictures and you can play!

You do not like avocados, but other than that, you eat like a champ!  You love fruit and of course black olives.  Between you and me, we can polish off the whole can in one sitting! 

 
 
 
Hadley Joy, you are loved beyond measure!  Love, Mommy & Daddy  


No comments:

Post a Comment