Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Father...A Papa



On Sunday morning, Ross, Hadley, and I had the privilege of attending Choctaw Road Baptist Church with my parents. During the worship/singing portion of the service the Lord allowed me to experience a very special moment.

There was a little boy about 4 or 5 years old sitting in the row in front of us. He had turned around while we were singing and was watching my dad worship the Lord. My dad had raised his hand in praise and the little boy was mimicking my dad's actions. That moment actually brought me to tears. I was so touched with how truly impressionable little children can be, and what a great example of Christ my dad showed to that little boy.

Thank you daddy for showing Christ to me in your life, actions, hugs, and words. I am truly blessed to have you for a father, and I am so grateful for the example you are setting for my baby girl. She is lucky to have you for a Papa!

I love you!

1 comment: