Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Angry Eater

No matter how much time and effort I put in at the gym, it always seems to come back to food!  The last two weeks have been a bit slow and I kinda was in a slump.  For one reason or another, my trainer was unable to make it to our sessions, so for pretty much two weeks I just did cardio.  Let me tell you something...Cardio Is Boring.  I enjoyed it at first and I am getting better and able to go harder and longer, but it just gets boring sometimes.

You know, when they say you are an "emotional eater" you think of a sad sappy person crying tears into their bowl of triple chocolate ice cream drenched in peanut butter.  (which kinda sounds good right now)  BUT I have figured out I am an "Angry Eater"...I eat What I want, When I want, and How much I want, when I am angry.  I was angry with my trainer for missing so many sessions...can you see where I'm going with this?  So that in turn contributed to "slump" I was in.      

This week we started fresh.  Had a good session on Monday (but I will confess to eating Chinese food for dinner...not just any Chinese...the BEST Chinese food from Mandarin...so it's O.K.)  Today's session was really good.  I worked really hard, always sweating like a beast!  I really like the structure and "routine" of having a trainer.  It feels good to get back into the swing of things. 

Here's to Friday's Session! 

No comments:

Post a Comment