Saturday, April 20, 2013

Surprise Birthday Weekend!

 
With Ross' busy rotation schedule, we usually have to plan things weeks in advance....So, my crazy handsome husband planned a Surprise Birthday Weekend to celebrate me, and it was AWESOME!  I am a very very good guesser...I don't know how, I just am...So this time he literally told me nothing...nothing! 
 
Thanks babe for an amazing weekend just the two of us!  I love how you know me inside and out, and how after being together 10 years, I still feel like a high school cheerleader on a date with the football stud!   
  
And a huge thank you to Nana for watching Hadley...we couldn't have done this without you!
 
 

Ross and I got to our hotel...
 
 

 
which had an awesome view of the ball park...
 

 
A little bowling and dinner...I wont comment on how I beat Ross by double in the first game because it was just "warm up"...
 


We also went to see Oblivion, which was a pretty good movie. 
 
 
Saturday, we went to Rocktown Climbing Gym.  I had so much fun!  I wont be able to grip anything, move my arms, or do anything that requires me to use my forearms tomorrow, but it was worth it!
 
 
It's always a little nerve racking when trying something new, and listening to an instructor show you how to do everything so your partner wont hit the ground and die, yet he is talking a mile a minute and all I can hope is that something sank in before Ross comes scaling down the wall from 35 feet in the air to a firery crash.  We both climbed and lived to tell about it, so it worked out all right.   
 
 




 
I'm not really afraid of heights, but this doesn't really count as just heights.  You are literally grabbing and jumping and hoping and reaching and stepping and splitting and not looking back until you are ready to come down otherwise fear does tend to take over a little bit.  Either fear or the fact that your left hand has gone numb and is no longer able to grip the little thingy to keep you from flying backwards off the wall.  It is quite exhilarating! 
 




Look at those calf muscles!






This was my favorite wall!  We both made it to the top every time!  I felt accomplished!  



Ross, Thank you for an amazing weekend!  I love the way I laugh when I'm with you, the way I love when I'm with you, the way I play when I'm with you, and the way I feel whole when I'm with you.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment