Friday, January 27, 2012

it's quite sad...

My time is literally not my own.  It's not an excuse as much as it is a reality.  There are so many factors that go into planning for the day...eating...naps...diaper changes...working out...childcare room at the gym closing at noon...errands that need to be done...which doesn't necessarily sound like much, but it can be.  Hadley and I have always had a schedule, and it changes as she does.  Trying to squeeze things into our schedules can be work sometimes.  I'm so happy that she loves going to the gym as much as I do.  It is important to me, so we have done a good job at adjusting our schedule accordingly.  Plus they have lots of great toys and riding things, and most importantly, a table and chairs just her size that she loves! 

Now to the sad part:

We left the gym, now on our way to Target to pick up a few things, and I'm stopped at a red light.  I find myself staring (for at least 1 minute) at the 60 year old man in the car next to me, eating his sonic cheeseburger.  That's it.  Sad, I know. 

I am proud of myself though.  Change for me is slow.  I am making better decisions with my diet, which is key for getting the results I want.  Salads for lunch, drinking lots and lots of water, eating protein and vegetables for dinner.  I can't eliminate everything all at once, because I know I wont stick to it.  For example, Ranch Dressing!  I love Ranch.  I could eat it on everything, literally.  A trick of the trade:  I put a spoonful of ranch in a side bowl instead of on my salad.  I dip my fork in the ranch (BEFORE I get the lettuce) and therefore eat 1/4 of the ranch I normally would have.  It's really helped! 

Saying all that to say this: I am making better choices with my food: however, I don't beat myself up if I eat something "not diet approved"...and the sonic burger (with NO cheese I might add) was pretty darn tasty when we got one for dinner tonight.  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment