Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snapshops Practice Photos

I am working through my "Snapshops" class, and trying to put what I'm learning into practice.  The thing I have learned or benefited the most from, is having my camera charged, space available on my card, no strap, and sitting on the console table in my living room.  I used to keep it in my camera bag in the office, and by the time I went in the room, pulled it out of the bag, got it ready, the moment had passed.  This way, I can catch Hadley in our day to day tasks, that she takes from mundane to extraordinary! 

These were all shot in manual, with no flash, and are straight out of my camera.  As I look through them, I see things that I did totally wrong, but you have to start somewhere!   











I think this one is actually my favorite.  She loves her "nak" (snack)...I will get her out of her highchair immediately after eating breakfast...she turns to me and says, "nak?...nak?"




I am having a little issue with focusing.  She is pretty hard to catch sitting completely still  :)






I really love this one as well.  She looked totally cute today, and I loved her in her converse.  Her shoes are what I wanted to focus on.  




Not perfect, but getting a little smoother at working my camera...and I'm loving it!

3 comments:

  1. Those look great! I am guessing the out of focus is either your shutter speed is too slow or are you trying to manually focus? Manually focusing is really hard with kids, I just leave mine on auto focus. You're getting a good grasp of it all.

    Love the converse shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I did the Snapshops class too a couple months back... it was definitely helpful! The pics of Hadley are great!! =)

    ReplyDelete