Saturday, April 14, 2012

Roller Sk8ing

Joshua is so wonderfully random.  I asked him what he wanted for his birthday...He responded, "ummm, let me see, what do I want....a bookmark."  I told him that was perfect, I will get you a bookmark!  Is there anything else you want?  He replied, "ummm, let me see, what else do I want...roller skates."  Excellent!  Well, instead of roller skates, I thought it would be a nice treat for Ross and I to take just him to the rollerskating rink and teach him how to skate!  We had such a blast that day!  It brought back many elementary school day memories, that's for sure.  Don't you remember: hokey pokey...limbo...couple skate!   




He was so excited and eager to get out there.  



The first time all of our skates hit the hardwood floor, we were holding hands and looked like three little piggies on roller skates.  But it didn't take very long for the grove to come back...and Joshua was skating by himself!  



Joshua only took one hard fall that brought a few tears.  He did ask, "how do I stop?"  We told him at this stage in the game, it's easier to just run into something...like the wall or the bench.  :)  Well it's true...it's tough trying to us the little nob on the front!  Plus they had these great benches in the middle of the rink...for strategy talk and all...  




I am so proud of him!  He skated pretty much the whole time by himself.  I was a nervous nelly because I didn't want to break someone elses child, but he did awesome!  And the funniest thing was, every time he fell down he would throw his arm straight up in the air with a pointed finger and say "I'm Alright!"  It made me laugh every time! 





While we were skating, Hadley got to hang out with John, Laura, and Benjamin.  They went and enjoyed pizza and games at Chucky Cheese.  Hadley had so much fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment